Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
- 12 Top Characteristics of a Good Technical Writer - July 3, 2017
- What Are the Qualities of a Good Technical Writer? - June 28, 2017
FEWER should be used when one can count the items/subjects in question. It is usually used with a following “THAN”.
1) Today I had fewer than ten phone calls.
2) Fewer awards than advertised were distributed at the Honors Ceremony.
LESS is used for items/subjects that cannot be measured.
1) You should work less to be healthy.
2) Since we had less snowfall this year, we decided not buy that snowblower.