Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 7 Tips to Write Great Essays - January 5, 2018
- How to Eliminate Abstract Nouns - January 3, 2018
- 3 Important Differences Between Academic versus Technical Writing - January 1, 2018
FEWER should be used when one can count the items/subjects in question. It is usually used with a following “THAN”.
1) Today I had fewer than ten phone calls.
2) Fewer awards than advertised were distributed at the Honors Ceremony.
LESS is used for items/subjects that cannot be measured.
1) You should work less to be healthy.
2) Since we had less snowfall this year, we decided not buy that snowblower.