Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
- 12 Top Characteristics of a Good Technical Writer - July 3, 2017
- What Are the Qualities of a Good Technical Writer? - June 28, 2017
Here are the 5 tips that e-mail marketing guru David Atlas suggests for your success:
1) Use CertifiedEmail provided by Yahoo and AOL.
“ROIs in the 300 percent range and up are common because consumers trust the email.”
2) Use a dedicated IP
“Having a dedicated IP lets you establish a sending reputation.”
3) Use the same “From” Address
4) Tell Your Customers What to Expect.
“State your mailing policies up front. Let consumers know you are using CertifiedEmail, if you plan to. Run an education campaign telling them “here’s how to confirm a legitimate email: Look for the blue ribbon envelope icon.””
5) Survey Your Customers.
And here is a sixth one from me:
6) Never ever allow a spelling error in your e-mail, especially in your SUBJECT line. That pretty much destroys all your credibility as a marketer before the user can even read the body of your message.