Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 3 Ways to Add Copyright Free Images to Your Blogs, Books and Documents - September 19, 2016
- How to Delete All Hyperlinks in a MS #Word Document through VBA Macro - September 1, 2016
- How to View a List of All Open MS Word Documents through VBA Macro - August 31, 2016
© 2009 Ugur Akinci
Disasters do happen.
Imagine you have finished a 900-page PDF document and you realize that the left margin should’ve been 0.5 inch smaller. Oops!
No cause for fear and trembling though. It’s actually very easy to take care of this vexing problem if you own a copy of the Acrobat Professional, or the “writer” version of the Acrobat (as opposed to the freely downloadable “reader” version).
Open your mis-formatted PDF document in Acrobat Professional and follow these steps:
1) Select Document > Crop Pages from the main menu to display the Crop Pages dialog box.
2) Select the LEFT margin and enter 0.5 by making sure that the Unit is in inches.
3) Select ALL for the Page Range.
4) Click OK, and you are done.
You can also select to change only a certain range of pages by entering the page Numbers in the From and To fields.
You can further specify if you want those changes only in ODD or EVEN numbered pages (within the specified range) by selecting the appropriate option from the APPLY TO drop-down list.
You can always cancel your margin changes by clicking the Set to Zero button.
And by selecting the Constrain Proportions check-box you can adjust all 4 margins simultaneously, by the same amount.