Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
Z2 Technologies is a fast growing DoD IT Services contractor headquartered in Red Bank, NJ. We currently have an open part-time position available for a Technical Writer (a.k.a. Software Documentation Specialist, Information Developer, Content Publisher, Technical Communicator, User Assistance Material Author) with experience in writing and editing software user documentation that includes long printable manuals and online help systems.
– BS/BA in Technical Writing or BA in English or Professional Writing
– 2 years experience in the technical writing field, with a specialty in software user documentation
– Excellent writing and grammatical skills
– Excellent spoken communication skills
– Detail-minded, deadline-oriented, and organized with the ability to work on many varied tasks under time pressures
– Able to work individually with little supervision and with a geographically-dispersed team of technical writers and editors
– Knowledge of MS Word, Visio, SnagIT (or similar tool), and Adobe Acrobat required
– Knowledge of HTML and XML a plus. Familiarity with Camtasia and Adobe Captivate a plus.