Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
Podcasting might be the biggest multi-media marketing tool for writers, superceded only by video perhaps. According to one industry figure, 10 million people have listened to podcasts in 2007. By 2011, 55 million people are expected to listen to podcasts.
Again according to one recent estimate, $80 million was spent by marketers on podcasting in 2006. The same figure is expected to hit $300 million next year.. .
So the trend is clear: if you don’t take advantage of it, probably your competitor will.
Here are a few pointers should you decide to launch your podcasting campaign:
- Learn how to convert your audio file into wav and MPEG Layer-3 file formats.
- Learn how to utilize the low-cost Internet radio for maximum exposure.
- Learn the good’old “nylon stocking and a wire hanger” technique for excellent sound quality (see the resource at the end of this post).
- Develop a strategy and provide the means for listener response and feedback.
- Learn how to use key word tags to increase your podcast’s ranking in the search engines.
- Learn how to write striking titles to encourage your prospective listeners to listen to your podcast.
- Make sure to list your podcasts on all major podcasting directories.
- Learn how to use social networking websites to market your podcasts.
- Eventually start to include video files with your podcasts to increase the impact of your marketing message.
- Consider making money by advertising on third-party podcasts.
- Create an online archive of your podcasts on your web site.
- Learn which kind of podcasts work best on what type of demographic targets.
I recommend this book to learn more about podcasting: Podcasting Profits E-Book