The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 15 Questions to Ask After You Finish a Technical Document Project - February 12, 2018
- THY’s Perfect Information Design - February 9, 2018
- Waterfall vs. Agile Models in Technical Documentation - February 7, 2018
- Consider offering a mobile-only email preference choice. Here you can deliver a text version of an email — which works best on mobile devices — or an HTML text version.
- Make sure your name is easy to identify and recognizable from sign-up and welcome. If your customers anticipate your emails, they’ll most likely keep you out of the delete/spam folder.
- Be sure your subject line passes the “scanning eye test.” Mobile views are shorter, so they need to quickly tease subscribers to open or return later.
- Add text messages in your pre-headers. These messages can play off subject line teasers to entice immediate opens. Treat subject lines and pre-header text as working couplets. This also helps strengthen the preview-pane view when viewing on a computer screen.