© 2009 Ugur Akinci
Imagine you have a FrameMaker Book with 50 chapters.
Just before you generate a PDF and distribute it to the client, your client (or manager) showed up with a last-minute demand: you have to change all the Document Title, Part Number and Release Date information in the FOOTER.
And you have 10 minutes to do it.
How would you do it?
The most logical but also the worst way is to open each chapter, go to the Master Pages screen, and change the footer manually, one chapter at a time.
Here is a better and quicker way:
1) Make your change in one chapter. You’re going to use this as your “Master Chapter” so to speak.
2) Open all the chapters in your book.
3) Select all the chapters in your book.
4) Select File > Import > Formats from your main menu to display the Import Formats dialog box.
5) In the Import From Document drop-down box, find and select your “Master Chapter” (the one with the correct footer).
6) Select the Page Layouts check-box.
7) Click the Import button and you’re done!
Check each chapter to make sure they look right before saving the book or the individual chapters.