© 2009 Ugur Akinci
I love all kinds of information and statistics. Numbers fascinate me.
The other day I’ve got hold of some very interesting stats regarding the number of NOBEL prizes won by different universities. I was surprised to find out how little I knew.
Here are some “factoids” for you before I give you the list:
1) The top American university that won the largest number of Nobel prizes is not Harvard.
2) The third-most award winner is named after a German scientist and I bet 9 out of 10 Americans have not even heard of the place yet.
3) Only one among the top-10 Nobel winner universities did not win any prize in Chemistry.
4) Only one among the top-10 Nobel winner universities (named after an American billionaire) did not win any prize in Economics.
5) Only 3 of the top-10 universities won a Nobel Peace Prize.
Here is the list of world’s top universities and the number of Nobel prizes won by their faculty (at the time of the Nobel prize announcement):
Source: The Wall Street Journal