Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 3 Ways to Add Copyright Free Images to Your Blogs, Books and Documents - September 19, 2016
- How to Delete All Hyperlinks in a MS #Word Document through VBA Macro - September 1, 2016
- How to View a List of All Open MS Word Documents through VBA Macro - August 31, 2016
It is useful to follow a set process when producing documentation. Having a process in place helps make sure that you thoroughly understand the requirements of the writing project before you begin. This will help to reduce the need for rewriting and adding information later in the process. The first step in the writing process is to create a plan for the documentation you are about to write. To do this you should answer the following questions on the document:
- What type of document is it?
- What is the purpose of the document?
- What key information should you cover?
- Who will read the document?
- How much do the readers know about the subject?
- What style should use when writing the document?