Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- English Grammar – How to Use LIE and LAY Correctly - October 26, 2016
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
It is useful to follow a set process when producing documentation. Having a process in place helps make sure that you thoroughly understand the requirements of the writing project before you begin. This will help to reduce the need for rewriting and adding information later in the process. The first step in the writing process is to create a plan for the documentation you are about to write. To do this you should answer the following questions on the document:
- What type of document is it?
- What is the purpose of the document?
- What key information should you cover?
- Who will read the document?
- How much do the readers know about the subject?
- What style should use when writing the document?