Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How NOT to Search for a Writing Job (1) - January 22, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
by Ron Kurtus
Some technical writers go into business for themselves as freelancers or independent contractors. A number of those become successful enough to form a writing company and hire a staff of other writers. In either case, the technical writer who is self-employed must continually perform marketing to maintain a steady income.
Questions you may have about this are:
- What attitude is required to be a freelancer?
- How essential is marketing?
- How should marketing be done?
This lesson will answer those questions.