Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Test Your Knowledge of 4 Basic Fonts – Drag & Drop - January 27, 2017
- How NOT to Design a Web Site - January 25, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
by Ron Kurtus
Some technical writers go into business for themselves as freelancers or independent contractors. A number of those become successful enough to form a writing company and hire a staff of other writers. In either case, the technical writer who is self-employed must continually perform marketing to maintain a steady income.
Questions you may have about this are:
- What attitude is required to be a freelancer?
- How essential is marketing?
- How should marketing be done?
This lesson will answer those questions.