Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
This is not just your average everyday technical writer job – the company is developing a brand new product line and this is an opportunity to get involved at the ground floor. Every team member is a critical part of the design and implementation process and they need you to create industry leading documentation.
You will be responsible for creating online help for a Web based product using a help authoring tool. The position requires an understanding of technical communication concepts, the ability to adhere and contribute to documentation plans, the ability to adhere and contribute to a style guide, and basic knowledge of the software development process. You must be willing to learn the product inside and out, understand the users’ perspective, and translate complicated concepts into clear and concise terms.
- Formal education in technical writing, technical communication, or related field, and/or 1-3 years experience as a technical writer for a software company.
- Ability to write clear, concise conceptual and contextual end user documentation.
- Ability to write release notes.
- Working knowledge of style guides and documentation plans.
- Ability to use version control software.
- Ability to take direction and work on a timeline.
- Willingness to learn and show initiative.