Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
NextLabs (San Mateo,California) is looking for a rising star ready to help create impactful Technical Documentation and Training Materials for our award winning Information Risk Management products.
The Sr. Technical Communications Manager will be responsible for communicating the function, use, and value of our products to administrators, end-users, system integrators and IT architects using a variety of mediums including documentation, online product content, multimedia, and training materials.
– 3-5 years experience in a Technical Communication role for an enterprise technology provider.
– Ability to write clearly and succinctly, including both conceptual information and procedural instructions for developers, administrators, and end-users.
– Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
– Persistence and initiative in seeking information from developers and other sources
– Ability to define and manage Technical Communications projects.
– Thorough knowledge of whole cycle of software production, including engineering spec lifecycle, project definition, doc review cycle, QA, bug tracking, release notes, etc.
– Experience documenting client/server network products for enterprise customers
– Expertise in producing and maintaining online help
– Expertise with FrameMaker 8.0, especially structured document features
– Indexing expertise
– Experience with Adobe Captivate or similar screen-capture applications
– Ability to produce all required graphics, both bitmap (screenshots) and vector drawings
– Experience with DreamWeaver or other HTML editing tools.
– Well-informed and excited about cutting-edge trends in technical information delivery