Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
- 12 Top Characteristics of a Good Technical Writer - July 3, 2017
- What Are the Qualities of a Good Technical Writer? - June 28, 2017
• Owns all documentation responsibility for a large project or Convio product
• Designs, plans, researches, writes, edits and revises component-level online and hardcopy documentation for Convio software products, working from requirements documents and specifications, interviews with Convio customers as well as internal personnel, and actual usage of the product, as needed
• Follows established Convio standard practices for documentation style, markup, layout and process
• Develops documentation plans to define project or product documentation scope, presentation, format, needed resources and materials, and deliverables
• Takes ownership of complex technical writing projects requiring major enhancements to Convio online and hardcopy documentation
• Works with management to coordinate documentation schedules, milestones, quality guidelines, and identify task assignments. Provides regular updates of progress towards deliverables to manager.
• Provides guidance to other less senior members of the team
• Has advanced knowledge of technical writing tools to create online and hardcopy documentation, including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and HTML/CSS.
• Recommends new approaches in technical writing content and/or presentation that increase customer satisfaction of the project or product