Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
- 12 Top Characteristics of a Good Technical Writer - July 3, 2017
- What Are the Qualities of a Good Technical Writer? - June 28, 2017
1. At least 7-10 years of demonstrable technical writing and/or editing experience. Preference will be given to those with “green,” renewable energy, solar, software user guides, creating online help files, construction, transit, engineering, financial, and/or insurance writing experience.
2. A BA/BS in either technical writing or a technical field (math, science, engineering, and so forth).
3. Willingness to (strictly) follow style guidelines.
4. Ability to turn documents around in very short windows. One missed deadline will terminate the working relationship.
5. A resume and cover letter.
6. Relevant clips (I will determine what is needed from you once I review resumes and cover letters).
7. In depth experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Office 2007 only).