Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
The gaps in your resume must be handled skillfully in order not to raise any unnecessary doubts about your qualifications.
Such gaps in employment history happen due to a number of reasons including giving birth to a child and illness.
To work your resume around such gaps you need to employ two basic methods:
1) Switch from a chronological to functional type of resume (despite the fact that most recruiting managers prefer straight forward chronological resumes).
2) Find something both positive and relevant to emphasize about the “gap experience.”
Example (for a woman who had to quit her job as an engineer and became a stay-home mom taking care of 3 kids and volunteering):