Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Number Your Documents Properly – A Document Numbering Strategy - April 24, 2017
- How to Avoid Repeating Words in a Headline - April 18, 2017
- Leveraging Multi-Function Printers With Document Imaging Software - April 10, 2017
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
The gaps in your resume must be handled skillfully in order not to raise any unnecessary doubts about your qualifications.
Such gaps in employment history happen due to a number of reasons including giving birth to a child and illness.
To work your resume around such gaps you need to employ two basic methods:
1) Switch from a chronological to functional type of resume (despite the fact that most recruiting managers prefer straight forward chronological resumes).
2) Find something both positive and relevant to emphasize about the “gap experience.”
Example (for a woman who had to quit her job as an engineer and became a stay-home mom taking care of 3 kids and volunteering):