Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How NOT to Look for a Writing Job (1) - January 22, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
Responsible for converting complex aircraft maintenance technical manuals from legacy authoring environments to SGML using MIL-STD-38784 and other specifications as well as implementing tools for support authoring environments.
Ability to support the current staff with rapid conversion of existing formats to an established conversion format and high level of quality. Additional responsibilities will be the development and delivering of Complex Aircraft and Ground Segment Maintenance Technical manuals.
The Candidate will need the ability to support the creation of digital technical manuals, using tools conforming to government standards and specifications, and/or AECMA (S1000D).
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or technical related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 9 or more years directly related MIL-SPEC and/or AECMA S1000D Tech Order authoring experience required.
Experience with PTC’s Arbortext Editor is essential and graphic applications like Adobe Illustrator and/or PTC IsoDraw and knowledge of ACL, Perl, and FOSI is a plus. Knowledge of aircraft maintenance and electro-mechanical systems at the organizational and intermediate maintenance levels a plus. Security Clearance Required.