Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 7 Tips to Write Great Essays - January 5, 2018
- How to Eliminate Abstract Nouns - January 3, 2018
- 3 Important Differences Between Academic versus Technical Writing - January 1, 2018
What is the focus of this degree?
As the only university qualification in Technical Communication in Australia, our course teaches you to produce clearly written, well-structured documents for complex technical concepts, or products including computer software.
The course is taught by experts currently working in the field who can provide industry insight and advice. You’ll have access to computer laboratories equipped with specialized software for technical communication.
The course focuses on:
- Usability and user-centered design
- Information design and delivery
- Structured authoring
- Principals of XML formats
What are your career options?
Careers in technical communications are developing rapidly with the growth of information technology.
If you can combine a technical communications background with project management skills – you’ll be highly valued, and there are a range of industries where your skills are required, including:
- Software and hardware development
- Forestry, mining and other primary industries
- Government and infrastructure
- Management consultancy