The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
Performs difficult and/or complex editing tasks required in the preparation of proposals, presentations, reports, technical papers, and other materials. The incumbent at this level ensures that completed documents conform to required formats and standards. May be required to interface with a variety of authors/requestors.
Proofreads and performs difficult and/or complex editorial functions, including formatting and stylesheet verification, copy editing, rewriting, revising, writing proofreading, and production planning. Ensures that all assigned documents comply with their required presentation, correct use of paragraph headings and numbering, referencing of illustrative and tabular matter, and applicable bibliographic styles. Ensures consistency in application of technical abbreviations and acronyms, figure and table callouts and captions, and handling of boilerplate materials.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates the editing, proofreading and production workflow of those assigned . Provides both quick fix and long- term solutions for work flow problems.
- Works directly with authors/requestors with cost and time estimates, production plans, delivery schedule compliance, and coordination with other publications units.
- Coordinates both the scheduling and production of deliverables by working with Lead Technical Writer/Editors, authors/requesters, and required technical publications resources. May also interface with various personnel assigned to a specific project or client effort as required. Reviews and verifies materials after reproduction to ensure conformance to the printer’s dummy.
- Serves as part of a functional team to complete assignments according to schedule.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in Business Administration, English/Journalism, or related field (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of related work experience, including at least 1-2 years of experience of proofreading and editing all facets of technical engineering publications and specifications from rough draft through post-print.
The candidate must have first hand experience working with COE and DOD specifications such as SPECSINTACT.