Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 101 Tips and Tutorials to Write Like a Pro - August 17, 2017
- How to Find a Technical Writing Job – Some Ideas and Resources - August 9, 2017
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
• Under minimal supervision, writes first and final drafts of, or edits, manuscripts, meeting abstracts, slide presentations, scientific posters, and review articles.
• Gathers information for journal selection, formats publication per journal’s guidelines and requirements, reviews publications for compliance with journal’s requirements.
• Reviews relevant medical/scientific literature for publication development and for research trends.
• Reviews publications for technical accuracy and cross checks tables and figures and all numerical data as well as supporting references for claims made in the publication.
• Creates and maintains a database of references across therapeutic areas of interest based on literature review and publication development, and prepares reference lists.
• Participates in the creation of timelines and status reports for document review cycle.
• Assists with publication tracking, from development through review cycle to journal submission.
• Ensures the quality of scientific publications by maintaining and promoting familiarity with ICMJE, AMA, and other standards.
• Participates in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Practice Documents related to publication development.
• Participates in publication update and publication planning meetings.
• Prefer advanced scientific degree (MS, PHD, PHARMD, MD) 3+ years experience writing clinical publications including primary data manuscripts, meeting abstracts, slide presentations, scientific posters, and review articles.
• Lead author on multiple clinical/scientific manuscripts and formal acknowledgment in clinical publications.
• Pharmaceutical industry, scientific/clinical research, or clinical drug development experience required.
• Ability to analyze critically and synthesize complex scientific information from a broad range of scientific disciplines and clinical therapeutic areas.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential.
• Familiarity with ICMJE, AMA, GPP, and other standards; evidence of professional development in medical writing or editing (such as AMWA or BELS certification) a plus.
• Skill in using medical/scientific computer databases to search and collect information.
• Knowledge of reference and bibliographic software.