Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
* Bachelor’s degree in technical communications or a related communications field.
* 3–5 years experience in technical publications, preferably hardware and software
* Experience working in an FDA regulated environment required
* 2 or more years of experience with electronic publishing, production design, printing, photography, computer graphics/ electronic typesetting, and page layout.
* Ability to extract information from subject matter experts, technical documents, test data and hands-on work with the device, and convert it into the appropriate technical communications for the intended audience.
* Must be an expert with Adobe FrameMaker and highly proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Windows, and Mac OS.
* Strong background in editing and proofreading experience and ability to read and understand blueprints and wiring diagrams.