Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
The Technical Writer position requires the ability to write in clear concise language and prepare technical manuals covering such areas as procedural, service, installation, operational, and maintenance of electronic and electrical aircraft systems.
* Candidate should require minimal supervision, and must exhibit a strong team concept approach.
* The Technical Writer will validate the procedures they develop, interface with Engineers and Technicians, and attend in-process reviews.
* 5-10+ years Technical Writing experience – IETMs and XML (or SGML) experience is required.
* Previous experience prior to being a Tech Writer must include a thorough knowledge of technical manuals covering maintenance and o-level systems theory of operation and troubleshooting.
* Previous experience in the development of MIL-Spec compliant manuals is also required.
* A working knowledge of the following tools is preferred: Microsoft Office Suite, Arbortext, Arbortext Epic and Quicksilver as used in Electronic Tech Manual development.
* Experience with S1000D would be highly preferred