Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
- 12 Top Characteristics of a Good Technical Writer - July 3, 2017
- What Are the Qualities of a Good Technical Writer? - June 28, 2017
* Development of MARCOM products such as newsletters, brochures, and announcements for Govt. clients.
* Develop white papers, memorandums, and emails from information gathered from interviews and research.
* Rewrite documents to ensure they are correctly tailored for their audience and adhere to style guides.
* Review and edit documents for writing style and errors.
* Mentor other staff in approaches for understanding their audience, developing outlines, identifying messages, selecting appropriate writing styles.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
* Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
* 5+ years of experience with strategic communications including change management communications, planning and implementation, and management consulting.
* 5+ years experience technical writing with heavy emphasis on internal communications and executive level communications.
* 3+ years working as a Govt. contractor on projects related to policy documents and agency HQ tasks.
* Experience working with DHS headquarters preferred.
* Successful track record training people on the use of basic SharePoint techniques and fostering user adoption.
* Proven ability to manage tasking from multiple organizations.
* Experience in writing and publishing documents
* Experience with designing, facilitating and conducting analysis, focus groups and interviews
* Experience with developing outreach products and designing and maintaining tailored communication products and deliverables
* Experience with multimedia and graphics design layouts related to strategic communication products
* Ability to mentor individuals who need to improve their writing.