The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 3 Ways to Add Copyright Free Images to Your Blogs, Books and Documents - September 19, 2016
- How to Delete All Hyperlinks in a MS #Word Document through VBA Macro - September 1, 2016
- How to View a List of All Open MS Word Documents through VBA Macro - August 31, 2016
- This role supports the documentation of operating manuals and related information used throughout Union Gas in a consistent manner, by working with clients groups across the company on an on-going basis. In addition, this role ensures the timely and regular communication of this information to users across the company.
- Initiate and carry through to the procedure approval stage all updates required to various manuals/programs at Union Gas. This includes collaborating with various contacts at Union Gas throughout the draft/editing/writing stage and final revisions/approvals stage.
- Manage updates, edits and revisions to the Distribution Operations Manual as requested by various content owners.
- Develop and maintain systems for managing, presenting and archiving documentation.
- Develop templates/standards and train collaborating authors how to effectively use writing tools.
- Prepare and issue updates/communications for publishing on the Intranet and use on company laptops, CDs and for insert in companyissued binders according to set deadlines.
- Ensure all supplies are ordered and available when required for updates and bulletins.
- Maintain distribution lists for manual recipients.
- Post secondary education in Applied Technical field or Technical Writing required.
- Good working knowledge and proficient with various applications such as Adobe. Framemaker, MS Word, SharePoint, Excel, FrontPage, HTML, Visio and Photoshop.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight timelines with minimal direction.
- Ability to adapt to change.