Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 7 Tips to Write Great Essays - January 5, 2018
- How to Eliminate Abstract Nouns - January 3, 2018
- 3 Important Differences Between Academic versus Technical Writing - January 1, 2018
An excellent step-by-step tutorial on how to create forms in healthcare industry by using Adobe Acrobat.
I’m frustrated with paper-based Patient Information Form Process.
The frustration is fresh on my mind since I ran into the same problem today trying to schedule an appointment for my son today. My son is in school at California State University and I have to fill in forms for him here in Illinois. The receptionist couldn’t even fax me the forms since ” . . . the pages are dark and they don’t fax well.”
In this introductory article you’ll learn how to:
- Create a form
- Add or edit fields
- Add buttons so that patients can email the form to you
- Save the form and enable it for your patients who use the free Adobe Reader software
Acrobat Forms Basics
Using Acrobat 9, you can create a form that is fillable for your patients who are using an earlier version of the free Adobe Reader. Adobe has distributed almost a billion copies of the free Adobe Reader, so it is very unlikely that your patient won’t be able to fill out the document.