Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 3 Ways to Add Copyright Free Images to Your Blogs, Books and Documents - September 19, 2016
- How to Delete All Hyperlinks in a MS #Word Document through VBA Macro - September 1, 2016
- How to View a List of All Open MS Word Documents through VBA Macro - August 31, 2016
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
Have you faced this MS Word problem at all?
You select a block of text and hit the DELETE key and… nothing happens!?
If you look carefully at your status bar, there is a nagging question waiting for your action:
“Delete Block? (No/Yes)”
MS Word completes the deletion only after you press the “Y” key. Such a nuisance, isn’t it?
This is happening because your WordPerfect settings are turned on in Options > Tools.
1) Go to Tools > Options and select GENERAL tab.
2) Unselect the following two checkboxes: “Help for WordPerfect Users” and “Navigation keys for WordPerfect users”.
3) Click OK and you’re done!
Now your MS Word will delete text when you press the Delete key, just like it used to.