Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Test Your Knowledge of 4 Basic Fonts – Drag & Drop - January 27, 2017
- How NOT to Design a Web Site - January 25, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
Have you faced this MS Word problem at all?
You select a block of text and hit the DELETE key and… nothing happens!?
If you look carefully at your status bar, there is a nagging question waiting for your action:
“Delete Block? (No/Yes)”
MS Word completes the deletion only after you press the “Y” key. Such a nuisance, isn’t it?
This is happening because your WordPerfect settings are turned on in Options > Tools.
1) Go to Tools > Options and select GENERAL tab.
2) Unselect the following two checkboxes: “Help for WordPerfect Users” and “Navigation keys for WordPerfect users”.
3) Click OK and you’re done!
Now your MS Word will delete text when you press the Delete key, just like it used to.