Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Number Your Documents Properly – A Document Numbering Strategy - April 24, 2017
- How to Avoid Repeating Words in a Headline - April 18, 2017
- Leveraging Multi-Function Printers With Document Imaging Software - April 10, 2017
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
Have you faced this MS Word problem at all?
You select a block of text and hit the DELETE key and… nothing happens!?
If you look carefully at your status bar, there is a nagging question waiting for your action:
“Delete Block? (No/Yes)”
MS Word completes the deletion only after you press the “Y” key. Such a nuisance, isn’t it?
This is happening because your WordPerfect settings are turned on in Options > Tools.
1) Go to Tools > Options and select GENERAL tab.
2) Unselect the following two checkboxes: “Help for WordPerfect Users” and “Navigation keys for WordPerfect users”.
3) Click OK and you’re done!
Now your MS Word will delete text when you press the Delete key, just like it used to.