Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
I hate to use the word “revolutionary” lightly but this is true: Blogger’s new user-defined layout options are nothing less than revolutionary. It’s a game-changer that would influence the competition between Blogger and WordPress that has been decided in WP’s favor for one reason: the infinite configuration options WP offered and very few that Blogger did.
Especially when it came to the looks and visual design of a blog, Blogger offered only a few templates. That’s why you can usually tell a Blogger blog from a mile, as they say. Not anymore. Welcome to the Brave New World of Blogger! It was about time, really.
All you need to do is go to your Blogger blog and click on the new Blogger Template Designer button.
Here are the four new major innovations that Blogger introduced quietly (these are still in Beta release and may not yet be available on your blog):
[Click on images to enlarge them]
1) TEMPLATES TAB: You can select a new template by browsing the list of available templates. I have a feeling this option (as well as all others) will expand through time.
2) BACKGROUND TAB: Now you can change your background in Blogger with just one click.
3) LAYOUT TAB: Select a new layout by just clicking on different column combinations. Nice!
4) ADVANCED TAB: If you know your way around HTML and CSS, you are welcomed to dive deep into the code behind your blog and tweak it any way you like!
All these options really boosted up Blogger’s WOW factor. I’m sure we’ll see all kinds of fantastic Blogger blogs in the near future. FREE had never been this SWEET! (All Blogger blogs are still free.)