Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 10 Indispensable Concepts of English Grammar You Should Know - October 16, 2017
- INFOGRAPHICS – Technical Writers Work for… - October 13, 2017
- How to Write a Great Overview Sentence for an Ordered List - October 11, 2017
The STC Board of Directors recently contacted members who have not yet renewed, asking for feedback on the reason or reasons. Many members stated that they had hoped to renew their membership, but were still feeling the effects of unemployment or underemployment.
For this reason, the Board has voted to reopen the Recovery Package application process. Members who are still affected by the economic recession and wish to maintain their STC membership may apply today through 31 March 2010.
The Marion Norby Fund is enabling STC to offer help to another 150 members affected by the economic recession. STC will award up to 100 Full Recovery Packages and up to 50 Subsidy Recovery Packages.
- Full Recovery Package: Basic dues—a $215 value ($160 value for those in the developing countries listed in the STC membership application)
- Subsidy Recovery Package: The difference between the Basic dues rate of $150 (2009 dues) and $215 (2010)—a $65* value for all members regardless of location
Full Recovery Package
The Full Recovery Package is designed for members who:
- Have been unemployed, on medical disability, or underemployed (less than 15 hours per week) for an extended length of time since 1 June 2009
- Are self employed or contractors and whose income for any quarter between 30 June 2009 and 31 March 2010 is less than 25% of what they earned for the same period in the previous year.