Here is a form-design project for a definitely not-so-fun occasion — traffic accidents.
When an accident happens, the parties are angry, scared, flustered. Adrenaline is running freely. The mind shuts down. It’s hard to remember what information to collect for investigation and insurance purposes.
If you have a “Fender-Bender Form” in your glove box with all the necessary information pre-printed, it’d be much easier not to miss any crucial information regarding your mishap.
Here are the data items you should have on such a form:
- Name, address and phone number of the other driver. Take the address from the Driver License.
- Driver License Number of of the other driver.
- Does the other driver own the car? YES or NO. If NO, the name, address, and phone number of the OWNER of the other vehicle.
- Year, Make, and Model of BOTH vehicles (or ALL vehicles if there are more than two) involved in the accident.
- LICENSE PLATE NUMBERS of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Auto insurance company name and policy numbers.
- Insurance agent names and phone numbers.
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of anyone in both vehicles, and other witnesses.
- The weather and road conditions during the accident.
- Date and time of the accident.
- If possible — post-accident photos of the vehicles; photos and diagrams of the accident scene.