Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 2 Good Reasons to Write for Free Rather Than for Just a Few Dismal Bucks - October 18, 2017
- 10 Indispensable Concepts of English Grammar You Should Know - October 16, 2017
- INFOGRAPHICS – Technical Writers Work for… - October 13, 2017
Here is some introductory information about Society for Technical Communication (STC)’s France Chapter:
STC France was the first STC chapter founded in Europe in 1991, and is entirely volunteer-run by and for its members. It is registered as a non-profit association governed by the French law of 1901 (No. 2/07537). The France Chapter currently has about 90 members.
The chapter’s most notable achievements to date:
- Creation in 1992 of a job bank for STC members. Companies with technical communications positions to offer can publish announcements in the Job Bank. Job descriptions are immediately available to interested candidates.
- First ever salary survey of STC France members to determine salary levels in the technical communication profession, and publication of results in March 1992. Last survey in 2006.
- Recognition of the STC and of the profession through numerous national and international press articles.
- Field trips to Ghent, Belgium and Munich, Germany in 1995 and 1996, Sophia Antipolis 1996, and Vienna in 1998.
- International Day was held on September 19, 1998 in Paris. This was the first event of its kind combining an STC board meeting and a conference gathering technical communicators from all over the world.
- Third Trans-European Technical Publications Competition was organized in 2005 in five languages.