Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How Much Money Can Writers Make? - June 22, 2017
- 2 Methods to Avoid Gender Ambiguity - June 21, 2017
- How to Write in “Action Units” in Technical Writing - May 31, 2017
1) Technical Editor: Bangalore
Position: Technical Editor [1-year contract position]
Experience: 4 – 15 years
Domain experience: Telecom/Networking/Application/Systems
* Ability to work closely with writers to ensure clarity, completeness, accuracy, and compliance to organizational standards in documentation
* Strong understanding of the English language, style, writing standards, and legal issues related to publishing
* Mentor writers to improve writing skills and educate them about modular and topic-based writing practices
* Edit online and printed documentation for a variety of audiences and address document usability issues
* Work as a customer advocate and help to improve the customer experience
* Perform all levels of edits, from developmental to copy to production
* Help improve existing documentation processes, standards, frameworks, and templates; identify inefficiencies and propose solutions
* Create and review indexes and glossaries
* Be a strong team player with ability to work with a diverse and cross-cultural team
* Should have experience in resolving editorial issues and differences in writing style
* Accurate, meticulous, proactive, diplomatic, with an eye for detail
* Ability to work independently with set deadlines and keep multiple projects on track at the same time
* Solid decision making and planning skills, drive for results, and passion for quality
* Solid work ethic, professionalism, and organizational ability
* Have a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, technical writing, or a related field, and a minimum of 4-6 years of technical editing/writing experience Desired Skill: Have knowledgeof tagging in an XML-based authoring environment and topic-based writing.
In case you are interested in exploring this opportunity, revert with your updated Resume in MS Word format, so that we can proceed accordingly.
2) Technical Writer, Pune
Job Location: Pune
Experience: 1 to 4 years experience in Technical Writing, preferably from a product development company.
* A proven record of creating quality user print and online help documentation using FrameMaker, WebWorks, or RoboHelp.
* Adept in expressing complex technical concepts in a simple and user-friendly manner.
* A self-starter who would be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Excellent writing and communication skills.
* Exposure to XML/DITA based authoring and Dreamweaver.
* Exposure to the Telecommunication or IP Telephony domain.
Company’s Profile:Avaya is a global leader in enterprise communications systems. The company provides unified communications, contact centers, and related services directly and through its channel partners to leading businesses and organizations around the world. Enterprises of all sizes depend on Avaya for state-of-the-art communications that improve efficiency, collaboration, customer service and competitiveness.