Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
- Three Free Photo Sites for Technical and Business Writers - November 23, 2016
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
Most technical communicators are of course familiar with Adobe.com. But how many of us are aware of www.Acrobat.com and the services it offers?
Registration for Acrobat.com is free and here are some of the ways in which you can take advantage of this new “cloud” site:
(1) If you still have not investigated the “Shared Review” functionality offered by Technical Communication Suite 2 you should definitely have a look at it. Acrobat.com web site is integral to the way Shared Review works.
(2) You can easily upload and shared large files on Acrobat.com, up to 5 GB.
(3) To share any file, especially those large bulky ones, all you need to do is send its Acrobat.com URL link. You do not need to FTP or e-mail any large files anymore.
(4) You can create PDFs easily on Acrobat.com. You don’t need to own any expensive PDF-generation software anymore.
(5) You can hold live web conferences with up to 3 persons at any time.
(6) You can also use Buzzword, a Flash-based word processor. This is one thing I think Adobe could do without given the ubiquity of free and high-quality word processors everywhere (OpenOffice, Bean). Also: Apple continues its fight against Flash and no knows the future of SWF format.