Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
- 12 Top Characteristics of a Good Technical Writer - July 3, 2017
- What Are the Qualities of a Good Technical Writer? - June 28, 2017
Here is a great article that I’m sure applies to the careers of some technical communicators. It’s got some valuable advice for sagging careers.
It starts with asking the following list of signs which might mean that you career is in trouble:
- You are unhappy with the nature of your work
- You aren’t growing
- You feel overshadowed
- You are treated like deadwood
- You are stuck
- You don’t like your work environment
- You don’t like your boss – or your boss doesn’t like you
- Your industry is dead
- Your age is an issue
Then it proceeds to offer some solutions to these problems.