Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Test Your Knowledge of 4 Basic Fonts – Drag & Drop - January 27, 2017
- How NOT to Design a Web Site - January 25, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
Here is a great article that I’m sure applies to the careers of some technical communicators. It’s got some valuable advice for sagging careers.
It starts with asking the following list of signs which might mean that you career is in trouble:
- You are unhappy with the nature of your work
- You aren’t growing
- You feel overshadowed
- You are treated like deadwood
- You are stuck
- You don’t like your work environment
- You don’t like your boss – or your boss doesn’t like you
- Your industry is dead
- Your age is an issue
Then it proceeds to offer some solutions to these problems.