Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
I’m looking for a great laptop Windows 7 machine to install Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2.5. Any ideas? I’m open to suggestions here.
TCS2.5 is a resource-hungry wonder. The machine that will run it needs to be fast and have first-class computing power to handle heavy-weight apps like FrameMaker and RoboHelp.
I’ve already narrowed down my search to an Intel Core i7 machine running MS Windows 7 OS, and with a good graphics card.
One option I came across is this 4 GB RAM Sony Viao machine:
(Disclosure: rest assured this is not an affiliate link.)
Do you have any other recommendations? I welcome your feedback.
Adobe recommends the following system features:
- 1.8 GHz or better chip speed.
- 1,024×768 display (1,280×800 recommended) with 16-bit video card.
- DirectX 9–capable graphics card with at least 64MB of VRAM to run some features of Adobe Bridge (a great app to manage all your images).
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended).