Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How Much Money Can Writers Make? - June 22, 2017
- 2 Methods to Avoid Gender Ambiguity - June 21, 2017
- How to Write in “Action Units” in Technical Writing - May 31, 2017
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
(1) Give all your tables a caption.
(2) Click your cursor at where you’d like to place your List of Tables.
Its traditional location in a technical document is right after the Table of Contents (if any) and after the “List of Figures” (if any).
(3) Select Insert > Reference > Index and Tables from the main menu to display the Index and Tables dialog box:
(4) Click and select the Table of Figures tab:
(5) Clear the “use hyperlinks” check-box if you do not want to jump to a HTML destination accidentally.
(6) Select the “show page numbers” check-box. Select the “right align page numbers” check-box. Select a Tab Leader from the drop-down list.
(7) Select “Table” from the Caption drop-down list to display table captions in the Print Preview box. Then select the related “include name and number” check-box:
(8) Select a template from the Formats drop-down list.
(9) Click OK to display your List of Tables where your cursor is.