Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Republish Your Lists as a MS Word Smart Art Infographics - October 23, 2017
- INFOGRAPHICS: Single-Source Publishing Tools - October 20, 2017
- 2 Good Reasons to Write for Free Rather Than for Just a Few Bucks - October 18, 2017
© Ugur Akinci
Follow these steps:
(1) Give all your tables a caption.
(2) Click your cursor at where you’d like to place your List of Tables.
Its traditional location in a technical document is right after the Table of Contents (if any) and after the “List of Figures” (if any).
(3) Select the References tab from the main menu. Then click Insert Table of Figures to display the Table of Figures dialog box:
(4) Clear the “Use hyperlinks instead of page numbers” check-box if you do not want to jump to a HTML destination accidentally.
(5) Select the “Show page numbers” check-box. Select the “Right align page numbers” check-box. Select a Tab Leader from the drop-down list.
(6) Select “Table” from the Caption Label drop-down list to display table captions in the Print Preview box. Then select the related “Include name and number” check-box:
(7) Select a template from the Formats drop-down list.
(8) Click OK to display your List of Tables at where your cursor is.