Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
The New York Times has one of the best information designers in the whole world (and The Wall Street Journal is another). I forgot the number of times in the past when I marveled at the way NYT managed to summarize rich data in a single sharp graphic.
Here is one such graphic published today that helps us understand the historic significance of yesterday’s midterm elections:
Can you adopt and adapt the same idea to express different relationships in different contexts?
For example, what about replacing the labels Democratic versus Republican Majority with:
- Family Budget Surplus vs. Deficit ?
- Happy vs. Depressed Mood?
- Weight Gain vs. Loss ?
What other applications come to your mind? Please feel free to share.