Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 7 Tips to Write Great Essays - January 5, 2018
- How to Eliminate Abstract Nouns - January 3, 2018
- 3 Important Differences Between Academic versus Technical Writing - January 1, 2018
The New York Times has one of the best information designers in the whole world (and The Wall Street Journal is another). I forgot the number of times in the past when I marveled at the way NYT managed to summarize rich data in a single sharp graphic.
Here is one such graphic published today that helps us understand the historic significance of yesterday’s midterm elections:
Can you adopt and adapt the same idea to express different relationships in different contexts?
For example, what about replacing the labels Democratic versus Republican Majority with:
- Family Budget Surplus vs. Deficit ?
- Happy vs. Depressed Mood?
- Weight Gain vs. Loss ?
What other applications come to your mind? Please feel free to share.