Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Test Your Knowledge of 4 Basic Fonts – Drag & Drop - January 27, 2017
- How NOT to Design a Web Site - January 25, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
The New York Times has one of the best information designers in the whole world (and The Wall Street Journal is another). I forgot the number of times in the past when I marveled at the way NYT managed to summarize rich data in a single sharp graphic.
Here is one such graphic published today that helps us understand the historic significance of yesterday’s midterm elections:
Can you adopt and adapt the same idea to express different relationships in different contexts?
For example, what about replacing the labels Democratic versus Republican Majority with:
- Family Budget Surplus vs. Deficit ?
- Happy vs. Depressed Mood?
- Weight Gain vs. Loss ?
What other applications come to your mind? Please feel free to share.