Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 101 Tips and Tutorials to Write Like a Pro - August 17, 2017
- How to Find a Technical Writing Job – Some Ideas and Resources - August 9, 2017
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
when: Monday, Nov 8, 3–5pm or 6–8pm
where: Noble Desktop, 594 Broadway, Suite 1202.
Open to the public—but you must register!
cost: This one is “on the house.”
sign up: http://www.nobledesktop.com/seminar.cfm
If you’ve been thinking about creating a website but don’t know where to start, this is the seminar for you. We’ll talk about how you go about creating a website and the software you would use to do it.
We’ll talk about what HTML is and how to use Adobe Dreamweaver to lay out your web pages and style your text. We’ll show you how to use Adobe Fireworks to create buttons and other graphics for your web pages. Don’t know the difference between a GIF and JPEG image? Don’t worry, we’ll explain that too.
After the seminar you’ll come out with a better sense of the big picture of how a website works and how you’d create it. This seminar is for the beginner, someone who is completely new to web design.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover:
* Where to get started
* The creative process from design to execution
* What software you should use
* What is HTML and do you need to know it?
* How to lay out a web page with Adobe Dreamweaver
* How to style text with Dreamweaver
* How to create buttons and other images with Adobe Fireworks
* Why and how you save images as GIF or JPEG or PNG
* Proper ways to name your files
* Maintaining good file structure within your website
Please note that while we’ll talk about the role of Flash in a website, we won’t be demonstrating Flash since it is more advanced.