Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
Sometimes nothing can illustrate the subject you are talking about in a presentation better than a video clip. You can use PowerPoint facilities to insert YouTube video into a slide or try a third-party freeware. Follow these instructions to have YouTube movie broadcasting right from your slides for online viewing.
Follow these steps to insert YouTube using PowerPoint tools:
1. Open PowerPoint presentation or create a new one and choose a slide you’d like to add YouTube video to. Plus, copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to add to your slide.
2. Go to the Developer tab in PowerPoint controls. If you don’t see the Developer tab in PowerPoint 2007, click the Office button -> PowerPoint Options and check the box Show Developer tab in the Popular category. If you’ve already migrated to PowerPoint 2010, click File -> Options, select Customize Ribbon category and enable the Developer option in the Main Tabs list.
3. On the Developer tab click More Controls in the Controls group, select Shockwave Flash Object from the list.
4.Use the mouse to draw the control on a slide. You can resize the control to adjust the size of YouTube video.
5. Right click on the control you added and click Properties in the contextual menu. Add YouTube URL in the Movie item.
6. Delete the “watch?” part of the URL, replace the equal sign (=) with a forward slash(/) and close the Properties window.
The second approach is to download a PowerPoint add-in with the Insert Flash feature. Currently the are plenty of tools, freeware as well as free-to-try versions.
1. Download the add-in and install it on your computer.
2. After the installation is complete, launch PowerPoint where you should see a tab of the newly installed add-in. Choose a slide you’d like to add YouTube movie to. Plus, copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to add to your slide.
3. You simply need to click “Insert Flash” or similar command and follow intuitive wizard where you will need to paste your YouTube clip URL.
4. Use the mouse to draw the control on a slide. You can resize the control to adjust the size of the clip.
To show your presentation with YouTube video you need to place the Flash presentation online. In case you don’t have your own web resource, you can upload your PowerPoint presentations to a free online hosting e.g. SlideBoom, Slideshare, AuthorGen or any other.
Nina provides information on PowerPoint tips and PowerPoint to Flash conversion solutions. More info and articles are available at http://www.ispringsolutions.com
(Free photo courtesy of morguefile-dot-com)