Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 15 Questions to Ask After You Finish a Technical Document Project - February 12, 2018
- THY’s Perfect Information Design - February 9, 2018
- Waterfall vs. Agile Models in Technical Documentation - February 7, 2018
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
Good communication is all about explain things well to others, isn’t it?
Here is a wonderful little paper, available as a PDF download from TechRepublic, about 10 ways in which we can all improve the way we explains things to others.
I really liked this list. My experience in life tells me that every item on this list is true. Here is the first 5:
(1) Keep in mind other’s point of view.
(2) Listen and respond to questions.
(3) Avoid talking over people’s heads.
(4) Avoid talking down to people.
(5) Ask questions to determine people’s understanding.
To read the details of these ideas as well as five others click here for the PDF download.