Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 7 Tips to Write Great Essays - January 5, 2018
- How to Eliminate Abstract Nouns - January 3, 2018
- 3 Important Differences Between Academic versus Technical Writing - January 1, 2018
© 2010 Ugur Akinci
Imagine every time you use a certain paragraph tag in FrameMaker 9, you’d like to draw automatically lines (single, double, etc.) above and/or below that header or piece of text.
You can do that easily by using the ADVANCED tab in PARAGRAPH DESIGNER.
Follow these steps:
(1) Open your FrameMaker 9 document:
Let’s imagine you’d like to draw double lines whenever Header 2 paragraph tag is assigned to text.
(2) Select a Header 2 tagged text (in this case, the header “2010 TCC Review“).
(3) Launch the Paragraph Designer (Ctrl + M). Click the Advanced button to display the Advanced tab.
(4) Click and display the drop-down list for Frame Above Paragraph and/or Below Paragraph buttons:
(5) Select Double Line for both and click the Apply button. Here is the result:
(6) To make sure those lines will be drawn automatically every time you assign Header 2 tag, click the Update All button on the Advanced tab.