Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Test Your Knowledge of 4 Basic Fonts – Drag & Drop - January 27, 2017
- How NOT to Design a Web Site - January 25, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
The December issue of Intercom on visual communication has been posted to IntercomOnline. With HTML and PDF options for reading, you have your choice of how you access all the great material!
Included in this issue of Intercom are:
- The Global Language: Using Symbols and Icons when Delivering Technical Content, by Alan J. Porter
- The Trouble with Visual Explanations: A Quick Look at Common Problems, by Don Moyer
- Integrating Text with Graphics in Procedures, by Geoff Hart
- Community Help: Technical Communication for the Web 2.0 User, by Samartha Vashishtha
This month’s issue also includes columns on visual information, building an accessible blog, and adding recommendations to your LinkedIn profile. The Society Pages provide more details about the 2011 Summit and registration, information on STC’s Member-Get-a-Member campaign, and articles about the Buyers’ Guide to Products and Services and the 2009-2010 Salary Database.
To access Intercom articles online, you’ll need your STC website username and password.