Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 2 Good Reasons to Write for Free Rather Than for Just a Few Dismal Bucks - October 18, 2017
- 10 Indispensable Concepts of English Grammar You Should Know - October 16, 2017
- INFOGRAPHICS – Technical Writers Work for… - October 13, 2017
The December issue of Intercom on visual communication has been posted to IntercomOnline. With HTML and PDF options for reading, you have your choice of how you access all the great material!
Included in this issue of Intercom are:
- The Global Language: Using Symbols and Icons when Delivering Technical Content, by Alan J. Porter
- The Trouble with Visual Explanations: A Quick Look at Common Problems, by Don Moyer
- Integrating Text with Graphics in Procedures, by Geoff Hart
- Community Help: Technical Communication for the Web 2.0 User, by Samartha Vashishtha
This month’s issue also includes columns on visual information, building an accessible blog, and adding recommendations to your LinkedIn profile. The Society Pages provide more details about the 2011 Summit and registration, information on STC’s Member-Get-a-Member campaign, and articles about the Buyers’ Guide to Products and Services and the 2009-2010 Salary Database.
To access Intercom articles online, you’ll need your STC website username and password.