Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Test Your Knowledge of 4 Basic Fonts – Drag & Drop - January 27, 2017
- How NOT to Design a Web Site - January 25, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
© 2011 Ugur Akinci
As good as technical writing offers come…
Google is looking for a technical writer, folks.
Step up and raise your hand if you’re looking for a fulfilling position with a company that’s pushing the envelope on a daily basis.
* Write technical documentation for an external developer audience, including “How To” guides, reference manuals, user guides, and more
* Write additional text as needed, such as blog entries, FAQs, journalistic articles, release notes, and other announcements
* Organize existing documents; identify documentation holes and spearhead efforts to fill them in
* Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by engineers
* Coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
* BA or BS degree preferred
* Experience writing and documenting new technologies
* Experience writing scripts or building tools to improve the process of generating documentation is preferred
* Ability to cope with fast-paced and changing environments
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven record of researching and writing the very best documentation for developers (XML, APIs, web technologies)
The position is in San Bruno, CA.