Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Test Your Knowledge of 4 Basic Fonts – Drag & Drop - January 27, 2017
- How NOT to Design a Web Site - January 25, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
© Ugur Akinci
Open the Workbook you’d like to secure and protect.
Select File > Info > Protect Workbook to display the options available to you:
(Click images to enlarge them)
(1) Click Mark as Final to freeze your workbook and make it read-only:
Click OK to mark your work as final and save in an non-editable read-only mode.
(2) Click Encrypt with Password to force the readers enter a password before they can open and read it:
Enter the PASSWORD you like and click OK to close and save it.
(3) Click Protect Current Sheet to determine which components of the worksheet you’d like to protect:
Enter a PASSWORD and then select those specific components or functions that you’d like to ALLOW the readers to do. That is, if a list item does NOT have a check-mark next to it, it will be protected by the password. Be careful when you are using this feature since the way this screen is designed can easily lead one to think that checked items are password protected whereas the reality is just the opposite.
Click OK to close and save the worksheet.
(4) Click Protect Workbook Structure:
Enter your PASSWORD and click OK to close and save your workbook.
(5) Click Add a Digital Signature to add an electronic signature to your workbook.