Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
© 2011 Ugur Akinci
If you’re not familiar with SiliconIndia.com you should be since it is on its way to become India’s LinkedIn and Facebook rolled up in one.
It’s a membership web site where you’d find inquiries about CMS, documentation, all kinds of software and hardware platforms or management issues as well as… a spiritual poem a devotee has written for Shiva, or a variety of self-help suggestions/questions.
It’s certainly a mixed bag but a very lively and vibrant one.
You can create and become a member of any virtual community you like while maintaining your own blog.
SiliconIndia even allows you to become a MENTOR or follow one.
When you create a free account, sign in and spend some time in SiliconIndia you realize the amazing potential the “World’s Largest Democracy” really has.
The site also has a free magazine bearing the same name. It is full of thoughtful and informative articles about the state of technology and IT sector in India.
Here are some highlights from the latest issue:
- India’s information technology service business generates $73 billion-per-year revenue. Its engineering R&D industry is now a $10 billion business.
- Indian IT Service firms might just be in for a merry ride as the U.S.
government has decided to cut more than $61 billion from their current spending levels. This will prove to be a blessing for the service firms who are pushing hard to be a part of the $100-billion U.S. government outsourcing market.
- India plans to double exports by 2014 to $450 billion.
- THE LIST: 10 Most Promising Indian IT Services Companies (and most are not even located in India!).
- An in-depth article about open source solutions provider CIGNEX.
- An in-depth article about e-commerce 2.0.
And lots more.
Check it out today.