Building combination charts in MS Excel 2010 is not a one-step operation. There is no single “Combination Chart” menu item that you can click to create a combination chart instantly.
But there is still a one step way to do that: by using a CHART TEMPLATE.
This is how you can create a chart template:
(1) Create a Combination Chart (this step is explained in another post on this web site):
(Click to enlarge the images)
(2) While the chart is selected, click and select Design tab. Then click Save as Template button to display the Save Chart Template screen:
(3) Give it a name and click Save. Your template is saved.
(4) Now, imagine you have a new data set, with two data series as represented by two columns:
(5) Select the data table. Click and select the Insert tab. Select the tiny little pop-up button on the RIGHT-LOWER CORNER of the CHARTS pod to display the Insert Chart screen.
(6) Click TEMPLATE on the left navigation bar to display the templates that you have saved in the My Templates folder earlier in step (3):
(7) Select the saved template and click OK to create the new combination chart in one step: