Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 101 Tips and Tutorials to Write Like a Pro - August 17, 2017
- How to Find a Technical Writing Job – Some Ideas and Resources - August 9, 2017
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
The STC Tryout is an opportunity for current members to invite colleagues and friends to experience STC at a fraction of the cost of an annual membership.
New members will receive all STC benefits for the rest of 2012 for 67% off the annual membership cost. And we’re so sure they’ll want to renew for 2013, we’ll credit their account that same amount toward next year’s full-year dues! Their tryout will pay for itself just by renewing.
What’s In It for You?
You are the greatest testimony to the benefits of being an STC member. By recruiting others, you will:
- Expand your network of TC professionals
- Strengthen STC: A vital and growing membership means greater recognition of the TC profession, improved educational and networking opportunities for members, and the advancement of technical communication worldwide
- Help others succeed in their careers
- Receive recognition for your recruitment efforts
- Enter into a drawing to win a free 2013 STC membership!
How It Works
Meet One. Tell a friend, colleague, or employer why you’re a member and why the Society is an indispensable part of your professional development. Let them know that they can join now and receive full membership benefits for the rest of the year at a fraction of the annual cost. Be sure to tell them that if they renew by 31 December, the money they’ve already spent will count toward their 2013 full-year dues!
Bring One. Have your referral join STC by calling us directly at +1 (703) 522-4114. By calling us directly, we’ll waive the regular $30 new-member enrollment fee! Online applicants will be subject to the enrollment fee and will need to contact email@example.com to request a refund. Online applications must include your name in the “Referred by” field on the member application and “TRYOUT” as the promotion code.
Get Rewarded. When you recruit a member, you’re entered into a drawing for a free 2013 membership.