Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
© Ugur Akinci
Infographics — a graphic designed to share information — has a lot of potential for the future. If you are a technical communicator with graphic skills, do not hesitate to look into this growth sector.
New social media sites like Pinterest, for example, rely heavily on such information products. Given the cross-cultural and global consumer profile for most new products, such visual presentations are in increasing demand.
Click to enlarge the image:
This excellent infographics can be improved even further by doing the following:
1) The normal scanning motion of the human eye is from LEFT to RIGHT in a majority of languages. In the English-speaking world, that’s certainly the case. Thus when we claim that the world population has EXPANDED by 7 folds since the beginning of the 19th century, the ICON that symbolizes human population should also EXPAND in size 7 times as we go from LEFT to RIGHT. But here, the icon (human profile) actually SHRINKS as we go from left to right, giving the impression that the population shrank since then. The images should grow larger as we move from left to right.
2) Same situation with the tombstones, each symbolizing average length of human life. All tombstone images are of the same size. They should not be. The images should get bigger as we go from left to right, visually making it clear that people are now living longer. Instead, the artist depicted them in equal size.
The rest of this infographics is pretty good. It’s tastefully done and conveys a lot of information in such a small space. Kudos for www.onlinemastersdegree.com