Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Number Your Documents Properly – A Document Numbering Strategy - April 24, 2017
- How to Avoid Repeating Words in a Headline - April 18, 2017
- Leveraging Multi-Function Printers With Document Imaging Software - April 10, 2017
© Ugur Akinci
Follow these steps to add the new and amazing MS Excel interactive feature to a table posted in a WordPress blog:
1) Download the Excel-Interactive-View plugin from this web site to your computer (it’s usually downloaded as a zip file and then extracted to your desktop):
2) Save the plugin folder in the Plugins folder on the server where your WP blog is hosted. This is usually a sub-folder in the wp-contents directory.
3) Once you have the plugin folder installed on the server, go back to the admin console of your WP blog. The new plugin should be listed in the Plugins list. Activate it by clicking the “Activate” link.
4) Insert the table you like into your blog post. HINT: You can do this by first creating the table in MS Excel and then copy-pasting it directly into the WP editing window.
5) BEFORE the table (this is important), insert the following code (in HTML or TEXT tab of the WP editor) to generate the green MS Excel Interactive View button, complete with the CORNERED BRACKETS:
This code will generate the following MS Excel Interactive View button (click to test it):
If you’d like to add attributes to this basic button code, see the options available at here.
That’s it. Congrats!