Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Count the Number of Days with an Incident and Chart with Running Averages in MS Excel - October 19, 2016
- FREE Online Video Course – MS Word Power Shortcuts - October 14, 2016
- INFOGRAPHICS – Which Business Entity is Right for You? - September 28, 2016
© Ugur Akinci
Follow these steps to add the new and amazing MS Excel interactive feature to a table posted in a WordPress blog:
1) Download the Excel-Interactive-View plugin from this web site to your computer (it’s usually downloaded as a zip file and then extracted to your desktop):
2) Save the plugin folder in the Plugins folder on the server where your WP blog is hosted. This is usually a sub-folder in the wp-contents directory.
3) Once you have the plugin folder installed on the server, go back to the admin console of your WP blog. The new plugin should be listed in the Plugins list. Activate it by clicking the “Activate” link.
4) Insert the table you like into your blog post. HINT: You can do this by first creating the table in MS Excel and then copy-pasting it directly into the WP editing window.
5) BEFORE the table (this is important), insert the following code (in HTML or TEXT tab of the WP editor) to generate the green MS Excel Interactive View button, complete with the CORNERED BRACKETS:
This code will generate the following MS Excel Interactive View button (click to test it):
If you’d like to add attributes to this basic button code, see the options available at here.
That’s it. Congrats!