© Ugur Akinci
If you compile a Robohelp .CHM (pronounced “chum”) HTML help file and do NOT see your CONTENTS tab (TOC) anywhere, don’t panic.
There is actually a very simple reason why the CONTENTS tab does not display: you have not chosen it in your HTML single source layout template.
Follow these steps:
1) In your Robohelp project, generate your TOC, give it a name and save it.
2) Select View > Pods > Single Source Layouts and display the Single Source Layouts pod:
3) Right click Microsoft HTML Help and, from the pop-up menu, select Generate to display the HTML Help Options dialog box:
4) Make sure your TOC is selected from the Table of Contents drop-down box.
5) Click Finish to close the dialog box.
Now when you generate your HTML help file, you should see your TOC in the Contents tab:
You can generate more than one TOC for the same help project and generate different versions of the same file with different CONTENTS links.
Here is the same project with a different TOC selected from the drop-down list and attached to the HTML file: