Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
- Three Free Photo Sites for Technical and Business Writers - November 23, 2016
Changing the width of a column to accommodate all text in a single line is something I do frequently while working with MS Excel worksheets.
After a while it gets tiresome to select Format > AutoFit Column Width from the ribbon all the time.
So here is a wonderful Windows short cut that will fit your text automatically to a column by expanding the column width:
Alt + O, C, A
(1) First, select the column the width of which you’re trying to change.
(2) Press the Alt key, then O, C, and A keys in succession.
It works every time like a charm.