Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 101 Tips and Tutorials to Write Like a Pro - August 17, 2017
- How to Find a Technical Writing Job – Some Ideas and Resources - August 9, 2017
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
Changing the width of a column to accommodate all text in a single line is something I do frequently while working with MS Excel worksheets.
After a while it gets tiresome to select Format > AutoFit Column Width from the ribbon all the time.
So here is a wonderful Windows short cut that will fit your text automatically to a column by expanding the column width:
Alt + O, C, A
(1) First, select the column the width of which you’re trying to change.
(2) Press the Alt key, then O, C, and A keys in succession.
It works every time like a charm.